King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown (SCI remake)
King's Quest I: Quest for the Crown (SCI remake) Cover
|Release Date:||Dec, 1990|
|Designer(s):||Roberta Williams, Josh Mandel|
|Category:||Full Release, Remake|
|Platform:||MS-DOS , Apple IIGS, Amiga|
King's Quest I: The Quest for the Crown SCI is a remake of Sierra's landmark first AGI game, King's Quest: Quest for the Crown.
Game Game version Interpreter version Date King's Quest SCI remake 1.000.051 S.old.010 King's Quest SCI remake DEMO S.old.010
King's Quest I SCI was the first in a series of remakes that Sierra made of its earlier original AGI games in several of their series. Since it was made before the next major version of SCI (SCI1) was finished, it is the only one of the remakes to be made in SCI01's EGA graphics with parser interface. The other remakes, Space Quest I, Leisure Suit Larry I and Police Quest 1 all were developed in SCI1, which gave them VGA graphics and a Point and Click interface.
This game was Josh Mandel's first full project at Sierra to prove his abilities.
- SHP New King's Quest I DOSBox Installer Setup File 
- Requires files from the original distribution media. Works with both AGI and SCI versions.
- King's Quest Series
- King's Quest I SCI on The Sierra Help Pages
- Game Series on The Sierra Help Pages
- King's Quest I SCI on Wikipedia
- King's Quest Series on Wikipedia
- King's Quest I SCI on MobyGames
- King's Quest Series on MobyGames
- Sierra Release List