From SCI Wiki
|Release Date:||July 31, 1995|
|Platform(s):||MS-DOS, Windows 3x|
|Localization:||English, German, French, Italian, Spanish|
Phantasmagoria is another of Sierra's venture into FMV. It combined the filmed actors with pre-rendered backgrounds. The game spanned 7 CD. It used both RBT and VMD formats for the videos and animations.
Game Game version Interpreter version Date Phantasmagoria 1.000.000 2.100.002 1995/07/31 Phantasmagoria 1.100.000 2.100.002 1995/09/12
- SHP New DOSBox Installer Setup File [1.18 MB]
- (requires files from the original distribution media) Works with all versions of the game.
- Official Phantasmagoria Patch ZIP File [795 KB]
- The boot disk maker is removed in Win95.
- You may now start a game in any chapter directly after viewing the introduction.
- Problems with the setup programs for the game demos.
- Out of movable memory errors with excessively large numbers of bytes requested.
- A missing spell-book picture during the chapter 7 chase in the hallway view has been added.
- Inventory items may no longer be picked up during hands-off state.
- Many CD ROM read problems have been resolved. Primarily resolves the Case 1 Overrun error.
- Loss of DAC sound and Error 29 messages in the DOS interpreter when using DSP version 4.05 equipped Soundblaster 16 sound cards.